Sunday, November 8, 2009

Family

Family is so special. They love you when you are lovable... and even when you aren't. Today, we spent the day together. Today was special because like I said before it was Mom's birthday. We had lunch at Casa Ole with Uncle Mac, Aunt Karen, Austin and then us. [minus Mikey]...Several years ago... maybe 2001... I was at Texas A&M and I came home for my birthday celebration. If you know me at all, you know I don't really care for cake so I usually get cookies or a cookie cake for my parties... well we went to Pappasitos and Mom brought Ding Dongs!! When she was telling us what she brought, she told us she brought "Ding Bombs"... We have called them that ever since... so this year on her 56th birthday, we had "Ding Bombs"!!We played several games. The kids are learning how to deal with not winning every time... It's not easy being 7 and 4... is it?? We played Sequence, Hungry Hungry Hippos, and Sorry....
Then.... We busted out the Ding Bombs. We sang Happy Birthday to Mom and then she sucked in to get a big breath to blow out the candles and Brooke accidentally blew them all out before Grammie even exhaled... it was hilarious!!! So we lit them again and let Grammie blow them out. Brooke wanted us to put 56 candles on the cakes... Nope. Sorry!!Today was a great day. A terrific day of fun. Remembering good times and creating new ones. I love my family. The good, the bad and the ugly. I love them and wouldn't change them for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment